Thursday, April 1, 2010

Adventures in Racquetball

So, my current Facebook status reads:

Q: Why are Catherine's solitary racquetball practices so very effective? A: Because her shots are still so wildly unpredictable that it's like playing against another person.

Actually, it really is rather funny that I can practice so well against myself for the time being.  I talk to myself on the court, too.

As you know if you've read my blog posts (here and here) I took a nasty spill that resulted in eight stitches in my chin. It was only my second time out on the court. Some may think that, being as I'm 51 years old, a serious injury the second time out really doesn't bode well for my success in racquetball.  To them, I say, "stuff it!"  (In the nicest way possible, of course.)

I truly enjoy the games and the practices -- really love the workout that works both body and mind.

So, I'm going to keep at it.  If my fellow blogger, Christy, (a former non-runner) can train for a 5K run, I can learn to play racquetball.

Rock on, sisters!

- Catherine

1 comment:

Christy Duffy said...

Oh, you go, friend! You can do it! Looking forward to hearing how your training goes!