Friday, April 30, 2010

Life in the digital age

Cell phones. 

I have two -- one for work and one for personal life. Can't really combine them because that would mean my work is never any further away than my pocket on the weekends. And weekends are family time, for the most part.  Hence two cell phones.

So, my old work cell was a Blackberry -- the large model with the trackball positioned on the side of the unit -- and it was finally due for an upgrade. I called the appropriate department at work and the brand new Blackberry Tour was on my doorstep within 48 hours.  Yesterday we activated it and I am learning how to work this new unit (which is so much more like a computer than my old one was).

In the meantime, as I waited for my new Blackberry to finish charging so that I could activate it, my personal cell -- a Samsung Alias -- bit the dust.  The speaker ceased to work.  I couldn't hear anything, although everyone could hear me just fine. 

So, off to the Verizon Wireless store to see what could be done.  Time for an upgrade there, too. An hour later (why is this SUCH a long process???) I walked out with a Samsung Reality. My first touchscreen phone.

Now I've got two new sleek and shiny phones -- both the latest model.

Two new sleek, shiny phones that I have to learn to use.

I'll manage.

- Catherine

1 comment:

Betty W said...

Lucky you! I love learning a new phone. It´s interesting to me.