Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Random Dozen -- the Wednesday meme

Welcome to the Wednesday Random Dozen. The rules of play are very simple -- copy the questions and blog your own answers, then link up your blog post over at Lid's blog 2nd Cup of Coffee!  When you see the list at Lid's, be sure to visit one or two other peoples' posts and leave comments. It's kind of an online coffee klatch.

1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay?  Have to say "nay" -- I think they suit very few people and very few outfits.

2. What is your favorite pizza? Favorite toppings would be sausage and mushroom; favorite place to get it: Vic's in Bradley Beach, NJ.

3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]   I'd like to own Professor Higgin's library -- with the floor to ceiling shelves -- from the movie My Fair Lady.

4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.  Famous in Pocatello??? Don't make me laugh! I really love this town, but it's not known for the food.  That said, I guess I could name a place called The Green Triangle, known locally as The Green T.  It's a local bar/pub, and a lot of the big acts that perform at the Holt Arena end up hanging out at The Green T after their show. Food's good, too.

5. What is your current favorite snack? Horseradish Cheddar Cheese on Ritz Crackers.

6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.") 

A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
C. Survivor

A. Dancing with the Stars. I love to dance!

7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior? 7. It's cluttered but clean.

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until I hear the birds singing at dawn.

9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is the reaction of my husband when I told him that my racquetball partner/teacher has to play left-handed in order to play down to my level.  Tim howled and so did I.

10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward. Becoming fairly proficient at racquetball.

11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week. Easter says you can put truth in a grave but it won't stay there. (By Clarence W. Hall on Truth)

12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you. Oh. My. Heck.  This is a hard question! Most of our kids are grown and gone, so that's a whole 'nother category of making someone happy. For the older kids, I know I make the girls happy with an annual "Girls' Gift" at Christmas -- generally some kind of useful container or basket filled with fun and useful items.  This past Christmas the annual Girls' Gift included a shadow box display of photographs taken last summer.  As for the one kid still at home (the famed #7), I think I just have to say "yes" to a request in order to make him happy.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

- Catherine

4 comments:

SouthLakesMom said...

I LOVE that quote! What a wonderful way to look at it!

Someone shared at Bible Study, "it's always darkest before the dawn, but at dawn, the tomb is empty."

Shivers!

Karen said...

Every time I read what someone would want to own from a movie set, I think, "Oh yeah! I want THAT!"

Joyce said...

Where is Bradley Beach? What part of the 'shore' is it close to? I don't think I've heard of that one.

And I would love the book shelves for my beach house : )

Deb said...

Love #9!! No doubt if I tried raquetball, he'd be playing with his toes to get on my level!
Have a blessed week!
Deb