Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

Better late with the blog post than never, I guess.

We started our Easter morning before dawn, meeting our nephew and niece and their family up on the ridge above town to greet the Easter sunrise.  A cold day, but achingly clear with a brilliant sunrise. We feasted on breakfast burritos and God's word (not necessarily in that order). We read the resurrection accounts in Matthew and in John and had an interesting discussion.

Excellent way to start this day of days!!

Later that morning we had a rousing worship service capped by a great message from our pastor.

The afternoon started with lunch out at the local Applebees with a couple of good friends.

The evening has just been my hubby and me, sharing some quality time.

Easter is my favorite holiday in terms of my spiritual life. I love the collective remembrance of what Christ did for us. I love the truth that my real home will always be with my God and Father, whether I am here on earth or there with Him.

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand.

No comments: