Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random Dozen -- the Wednesday meme

1. Define a great relationship. A deep, mutual respect and a lot of laughter.

2. Why is it called a "drive-through" if you have to stop? (Real question: What was the last food/drink you purchased at a drive-through?)  I can't remember -- we almost never eat fast food of any kind, so it would have been months and months and months ago.

3. As I type this, the Butler Bulldogs are getting ready to play in the NCAA championship game. Every Hoosier is hysterical about this except me. So in honor of the Bulldogs ... what is your favorite breed of dog? (I tried.)  Labrador Retriever. They're intelligent and friendly, which is the perfect combination.

4. If you had to move to a state besides the one you currently live in, where would you move?  Hmmm.. it's hard to pin down just one, because so many states have aspects that are attractive.  But I think I'd say that it would be New Mexico so I could have a somewhat warmer winter.

5. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? I would love to have NOT heard the words "Because I said so."  That phrase was the stock answer to almost EVERY question posed by us kids -- and it didn't do anything to foster actual relationships between parents and children.

6. Who's the funniest person you know? My youngest (#7).

7. Did you get enough sleep last night? Yes, for a change!

8. What's the first thing you thought about this morning? "What day is this and where am I?" I travel a lot, and the days and locations get blurred together at times.

9. Grilled or Fried? --HONESTLY   Fried. Grilled.

10. Are you afraid of the dark? Not anymore. I was afraid of the dark all through my childhood and right up until I had my first child. And then my fear instantly vanished when I had someone in the house to protect.

11.When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?  A librarian.

12. If you had one word to describe yourself , what would you choose? Loyal.

Thanks, Lid, for hosting this! If you want to play too, please go to Lid's Blog at 2nd Cup of Coffee and link your post with hers.

- Catherine

1 comment:

Joyce said...

#9 is good : )

My hubs travels alot...I don't know how you do it. It takes me a week to recover from vacation!


Hope you are having a nice day!