Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Random Dozen Easter version

1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?  I don't like them at all.  I remember being flabbergasted a few years ago to find that my mother absolutely loved them -- she didn't strike me as a "Peeps" kind of gal (actually, I'm not sure what a "Peeps" kind of gal would be, but it sounded good, right?)

2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down? I need some kind of physical rhythm when I am nervous. For instance, in the dentist's chair I slowly move my feet in some kind of regular rhythm. If I'm nervous before a performance, I pace back and forth, breathing as deeply and rhythmically as possible.

3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains? Yes -- I love both the soft rains and the torrential rains.

4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why? I cannot wrap my head around that, even as a hypothetical concept. What a horrendous idea!

5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring? Neither, please.  Yuk to both.

6. Do you have any special plans for Easter? None as of now. But in our family, you never know . . .

7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs? Neither. Dove Dark Chocolate, please.

8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of? Camera is on the fritz, so I've no clue.

9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one? "Full Dark House" -- a mystery by Christopher Fowler. This is the first in a series, so if I like it, I'll go on to read the rest.
 
10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning? Getting behind and underneath the furniture. I truly hate having to pull everything out of its usual position, get the hand vac attached to the long hose, and then get the dust bunnies from around the baseboards and underneath where the furniture usually sits.

11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own? About 7 or 8, I think. Some are leather, others are more sporty.

12. Which color makes you happiest? I have no idea if there is a color that makes me happy. I guess it depends on the circumstances -- whether it's decor or clothing, for instance. I like things that look well together, in any case.

Thanks to Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee for hosting the weekly Random!


- Catherine

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the comment about your mom not being a "Peeps" kind of gal.

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

Question 4 - Nobody said it couldn't be a fictional character. So, if required to get a portrait tattoo, i'd pick Cindy Lou Who of Dr. Seuss's Whoville. And get it lifesize. And that's how i'd get out of that!

Joyce said...

Dove Dark Chocolate...yum! Just bought some today : )

Happy Easter!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

So happy to meet a fellow "rocker," who gets it. And I'm astonished to see your Garrison Keillor quotation. He is a favorite! Have a wonderful Easter.