Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oh, the agony

I started my new workout regimen today. And I about died.

I like the T-Tapp series of workouts (disclaimer: I have no financial interest in T-Tapp©). Two years ago I did their 15-minute Basic Plus workout every day for several months, and it worked very nicely to help me lose a few inches. And then I developed a rotator cuff problem and I had to find something different. I wanted to take my time, consider my options, and find just the right workout that would help me get in shape but not aggravate the shoulder.

I guess a whole year should have been enough time.

Because it has been a WHOLE year since I worked out.

So, here it is January 2010. There are only 6 months left until it's time to run my annual Summer Session -- a job that kicked my butt, physically, in the summer of 2009. I cannot afford to be that exhausted again. So I've got to get in shape.

A friend of mine used one of the other T-Tapp workouts last year and really loved it -- and it's designed for middle-aged women. Well, hey, that's me! So I bought it. And I tried it.

And I hate it.

I'm sure it's very well designed and will do exactly what the nice lady in the video says it will do. But I'll be 100 years old by then, judging by today's results.

HOW did I get so out of shape???

- Catherine

5 comments:

Casey Leigh said...

Catherine - don't sweat it. T-Tapp is a wonderful program, but it does take time to get the form down and learn how to do it properly. Take it slow. Every little bit makes a difference and brings you closer to your goals. You will notice little differences like increased energy, less or no back pain, better sleep and improved posture within a week or so.

Stick with it! Don't give up. This is only day 1 for you. It does get easier as you get stronger. If it helps you do less reps at your own pace and work up to doing all 8 reps. Going at your own pace really helps.

I've been doing T-Tapp for years now and still love the program. Yes, it can be hard, but exercise in general is not easy!

If you have questions about form or need help along your T-Tapp journey I will be more than happy to help you!

Catherine said...

T-Tapp IS a wonderful program -- I hope I made that clear in my original post. It's just that the shape I'm in is not so wonderful. Still, thanks for the words of encouragement -- I do intend to keep going.

Joyce said...

Well I don't know T Tap but I can relate to being out of shape and wondering how I got there. Good luck with your goals..I'm back at it but its not pretty.

Angie said...

Oh, no! Hang in there! You're good motivation for me. I was in the library today and had packed a bag full of books that about broke my back waiting in line to check out. I thought, "I've got to exercise." (and more than just my muscles turning pages!)

Susanne said...

Hang in there! I've never heard of T-Tapp. I haven't exercised in years either. Not since I quit the gym awhile back. I've heard good things about the Wii Active personal trainer so I'm giving that a shot.