This weekly meme is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell.
1. Today is New Year's Day and it is also the first Friday of the month. The women of our church will hold our monthly First Friday Lunch anyway, despite the holiday. (Actually, we expect a better turnout since many are not working today.) So, I'm looking forward to a fun lunch today.
2. My walk with the dog this morning was very, veeeerrrryyyy quiet. That was partly due to the softly falling snow, but I think a smidgen of it may be attributed to a gigantic, city-wide hangover. Whatever the reason, I really enjoyed the quiet.
3. Looking forward to dinner and a movie with my husband tonight to celebrate our anniversary.
4. Looking forward to participating in the Lucy Maud Montgomery reading challenge that Carrie is hosting over at Reading to Know. Surprisingly, I have never read any of Montgomery's books -- not even the famous Anne of Green Gables. Not sure how I managed to miss them when I was growing up, but miss them I did. I intend to make up for that, at least a little bit, by participating in the challenge. If you're interested, you can check it out by clicking on the link. (PS -- I'm starting with Anne of Green Gables.)
5. A good recipe for homemade barbecue sauce. Sounds silly, I know, but most commercial sauces contain ingredients that my husband can't eat -- and the ones that don't contain forbidden ingredients also don't taste all that good. I found an excellent recipe that I'll be able to tweak to our tastes, so that means we are back to eating BBQ pulled pork on a regular basis (one of our favorite dishes).
Happy New Year to one and all, and have a great weekend!