Susanne at Living to Tell hosts this weekly meme. If you want to play along, you can link your own Friday Fave Five post to hers by using the Mr. Linky-thingy at the end of her blog post.
After a week of vacation and fun, re-entry to normal life is hard -- and seems to be getting harder as I get older. On top of that, I had a major proposal due yesterday -- no ifs, ands, or buts about the deadline. I made it with about 3 hours to spare.
But I really am endeavoring to cultivate an attitude of gratitude. Participating in this weekly meme helps me do that, so here we go!
My five favorite things about this past week are:
1. I have a job. So many are looking for work and want to work, and there just isn't much out there -- at least, there isn't much available in our area. My own position looks to be set for at least another 5 years, and I am thanking God for that every day.
2. Our new bathroom (basement level) is almost done. Yay! (Okay, yes it means a third bathroom to clean, but it also means that the inside of our house is nearly finished -- just some cosmetic stuff left to do after this new bathroom is completed.)
3. It didn't snow much this week.
4. Just found out that my daughter, Abigail, is now a Facebook friend to her third cousin, also named Abigail. The girls have never met. (I've never met the other Abigail, either, actually.) But what fun!! I still think it's very interesting that my cousin, Karen, and I -- unknowingly -- both named our daughters Abigail.
5. Through someone else's blog (Joyce, I think?), I found an online "Read the Bible in a year" website -- and I'm going to do just that. Prior to this, I've been daunted by trying to take in and understand that much Scripture inside of a year. I tend to read small sections and think about them for a long time. But this year I'm not going to strive to understand each and every thing that I read. Instead I'm going to let it wash over me like water, and I'll get from it whatever God would have me get.
Have a great weekend!