It's been a bit of a tough week here and my brain's not happy this morning (read: I am not capable of thinking my way out of a paper bag).
But, in the interest of showing up and participating, I offer these five favorite things from the week that is just about to expire:
1. my dog Hank - he makes me laugh every day. I've got a blog post about him waiting in my drafts folder -- I'll post it either this weekend or on Monday.
2. this headline from our local paper made me laugh -- and not for the first time has something like this been published. In Pocatello, the Holy Spirit is quite accomplished. (Holy Spirit is a local Catholic school, which I'm sure you've figured out by now.)
3. my husband's preliminary calculations show that we will probably get a tax refund this year instead of having to pay (last year the monthly deduction for my state income tax had been miscalculated, so we owed a chunk of change on April 15).
4. not having to travel this weekend. Given that my brain seems to have taken a holiday, I'm not sure I'd make it to my destination. I'll be very happy to stay home and watch the NFL playoffs.
5. a doctor's office that will bring you right in if you really need to see the doctor TODAY.
Thanks go to Susanne at Living to Tell for hosting this weekly meme.