Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Core

Yesterday marked the third time that I used my new workout DVD. I actually progressed a bit further this time -- before having to give up and just watch because my muscles simply wouldn't do what the nice lady in the video wanted them to do.

She says it's all about The Core.

My Core says otherwise.

I think of General Douglas MacArthur in his farewell speech to West Point, when he spoke the immortal line: "But I want you to know that when I cross the river, my last conscious thoughts will be of the Corps, and the Corps, and the Corps."

Obviously he never met the nice lady in the video and her Core.

My last conscious thoughts are NOT going to be about The Core, I can promise you. Instead, they'll probably be something very dark concerning my lack of anything Core.

- Catherine

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I feel about The Shred the way you feel about the Core. Hang in there!