It's the weekly roundup of highlights -- more importantly, it's the weekly reflection on what it is that has made me smile this week. I don't know about anyone else, but it's just too easy to fall into the rut of thinking negatively, so I am grateful to Susanne at Living to Tell for hosting this weekly meme.
1. Putting technology to good use by texting a charitable donation to the American Red Cross for their Haiti relief fund. Now THAT is cool. The word about the relief effort was spread via the Internet -- blogs, twitter, Facebook -- and giving the donation required only a quick and simple text message from one's cell phone. Being able to jump in and help immediately feels a lot better than sitting Stateside and wringing my hands. I send a shout-out to the cell carriers, too, for being willing to channel the funds through their accounting systems. Thank you!
2. Being able to get out of the cold of Idaho and experience a few days of the moderate temperature of San Francisco.
3. Spending about an hour out on the Bay yesterday, on a ferry ride that I took for fun and relaxation. Lovely!
4. Room service breakfast -- the ultimate luxury, but the only way to get ready on time for a morning meeting. I wonder if my husband would consider bringing breakfast on a tray to me at home????
5. Orthotics for my poor feet - they really do provide a level of comfort that I can no longer go without.
I'm in San Francisco until Sunday, and then home again.
Have a great weekend!