Thursday, September 30, 2010

He's resting

Tim is sick with the same cruddy cold that I had.

I gave it to him.

He staggered downstairs this morning for breakfast and then went back to sleep on the couch for about two hours.  By that time I was at my desk, working (catching up from being sick!).  Suddenly I hear him go back upstairs and then out the door. 

Within about a half hour, the whine of the table saw is heard in the land.

I make him medicinal chicken soup for lunch (with onions and garlic).  Then I ask him if he's planning to rest.

Shocked, he looks at me as though I have three heads (this happens a lot in our family).

"I AM resting," he asserts.

"You're working on the deck," I protest.

"No, I am resting," he states again. "I'm working slowly."

I give up.

- Catherine

No comments: