Thursday, September 16, 2010

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme

Okay, the parsley is missing, but the other three are there, ready for making stock!

It's time to resume making soups, stews, roasts, spaghetti sauces -- all the wonderful foods associated with the cooler months.  This is my favorite time of year for cooking, mostly because I enjoy the slow cooked comfort foods named above.

Yesterday I made Beef Stock, and this is a little poem I composed as I put the ingredients together:


All that is most wonderful about cooking, for me,
Is wrapped up in the fragrance of fresh rosemary.


A cook AND a poet! Ha!




The stock is simmering


If you'd care to share your favorite recipes, please do!

Wishing you all a season of good food as we head into hibernation mode!
- Catherine

No comments: