Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm walkin' in sunshine!

It's Tuesday and I am in San Antonio for a professional development conference.

And it's sunny!

So I went out in that glorious Texas sunshine and walked.

I walked right over to the Majestic Theatre where I scored two Mezzanine tickets to the Broadway touring company production of the musical South Pacific.

I'm so excited!!! 

I've seen the two movie productions, of course, but the original Broadway show is supposed to be much, much better -- and I have always, always, ALWAYS wanted to see it. The musical score has been one of my all time favorites since I was a kid and I truly loved the Reba McIntyre concert production that was shown on PBS a few years ago (she made a great Nellie Forbush).

I am a South Pacific enthusiast, to put it mildly.

The show was revived on Broadway in 2008 but there was no way that I could get to New York to see it -- so I was absolutely thrilled to find that the touring company has brought the show to San Antonio at the same time that I am in town!

When purchasing the tickets today I smiled so wide and was so excited that the nice lady at the box office got all enthusiastic, too. 

Between the anticipation of seeing South Pacific this coming Friday and the glorious sunshine today, I spent the entire afternoon smiling.

And then I went shopping for new jeans.

Color me happy!!!

- Catherine

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Can you believe I have never seen South Pacific in any way, shape or form? Sounds like you will really enjoy it. I'm so glad you were able to get tickets! You'll have to tell us all about it.