It's been a few weeks since I played the Random Dozen. I'm glad to be back.
Thanks, as always, to Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee for hosting this weekly meme. If you want to play along, you can link your post over at Lid's blog using the Mr. Linky thing-y at the end of her post.
And now, the drum roll please.......
1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet? I have a pair of sandals that are about 8 years old. I think that’s the oldest at the moment.
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety? No way. I can’t stop eating them when I buy them – so I don’t buy them. Sad.
3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to? I’ve taken a few classes in years past and loved it. But my husband can’t dance with me because he has only one arm, so I gave it up.
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager? Yes. I was the second of two children but I acted much more like the stereotypical elder child than my brother did.
5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see? Was the Blind Side nominated? I saw that one.
6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself? I cannot watch them stick the needle into anyone, but I can more easily watch the actual blood draw on someone else than I can on myself. Especially if it’s one of my kids – once the technician gets the needle in, I can watch just fine.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why? Sunday is our Sabbath and we try to make Sunday afternoon a time of relaxation.
8. Do you miss anyone right now? I miss my mother every day in a hundred ways.
9. Do hospitals make you queasy? No, although I wouldn’t want to watch surgery or anything like that.
10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you. Oh my. There are many. But probably anywhere that has a good inventory of Jones New York clothing (which always fits me well and lasts a long time).
11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items? Only if I think the brand really is better than others.
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels? For me, I'd say that both circumstances are the same. I don't have difficulty with either.