Today's Random Dozen is hosted by SouthLakes Mom over at "I Didn't Know That." Lid, our usual hostess, is assisting a friend who is in the hospital. If you wish to play along, you can link your own blog post over at I Didn't Know That.
Thanks, SouthLakes Mom!
1. What is your favorite sign of Spring? The unmistakable hint of warmth in the morning air. The thermometer may be registering in the 30s, but there is no getting away from the difference in how the air feels. Spring mornings are somehow softer than those of winter, even at comparable temps.
2. Did you remember to spring forward on March 14? If not, how did it impact your day? I did remember. And it’s still impacting my day(s) anyway! As I’ve grown older, I find this spring time change to be a very difficult adjustment – usually two or three weeks to get my body to change its internal clock.
3. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year? Brussel sprouts. I love fresh Brussel sprouts (but not the yukky frozen kind).
4. If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant? Peaches. There is nothing better than fresh peaches from your own tree – especially when you’ve carefully frozen them and are having them on your pancakes in the middle of January.
5. What is your least favorite insect? All of them.
6. March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand? We have a Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration system under the kitchen sink, so we drink our own filtered water, for the most part. When I’m on the road and need decent tasting water, I reach for Dasani, usually.
7. Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that? Well, when Hurricane Hugo hit New Jersey in the late 90s, our town's drinking water got screwed up for a while. I boiled a lot and drank a lot of bottled water for a few days.
8. How many glasses of water do you drink per day? Three? Not sure.
9. March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini. Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share. Yes, at our local dinner theatre. The magician took my wedding ring, immediately made it disappear and then made it reappear later in the show. I still don’t know how he did it. And yes, I was a little worried.
10. Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)? Not on stage.
11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies? If so, what is your favorite? I don’t enjoy either genre, I’m afraid.
12. (Really random) What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday? Hawaii! Please! Now!!!