Thursday, September 24, 2009

Still wondering, but getting ready to go.

Mom's not feeling too well today -- in fact, she's been in constant pain since last night. She doesn't like the pain meds, because they make her so sleepy, but it seems as though she doesn't have much choice about it today. The pain has been with her since the middle of last night, and when I spoke to her this afternoon, she'd had a couple of doses of pain med and was thinking about the next one in an hour or so. That's a sharp change from yesterday, when she was pain-free.

Tim and I had planned to go camping one last time in early October, but I think we might change our plans and go this weekend instead.

Mom said today, "I think this thing will go quickly when it happens." In other words, she won't be lingering.

And I'd better think about packing.

- Catherine

4 comments:

Christy Duffy said...

Oh, Catherine. I'll be praying for you as you make these decisions. And praying your mom's pain decreases.

Catherine said...

Thanks, Christy. All prayers are much appreciated!!!

Sara said...

I know there are no words that I can say to you to make this situation better, but I just want you to know that you and your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers. As I read this latest blog entry I got tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat just thinking about how you are feeling right now. I know we all face the loss of a loved one at some point in our lives, but we are never truly ready for it. You have a lot of 'prayer warriors' praying for you and your mom....I hope you will both feel the loving arms of God around you as you begin this final journey. Cath, I am so thankful that you and I have been able to reconnect and I hope that you know how much I truly care about you! Be safe in your travels and enjoy what time you do have with your mom.

Love and prayers,

Sara

Catherine said...

Sara, I appreciate this (and you) more than I can say.

Both Mom and I have felt uplifted by the prayers that so many offer on our behalf each day -- it's an amazing experience of love and grace.

Love, Cath