Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Random Dozen -- the Wednesday meme

Got this from a blog called 2nd Cup of Coffee. If you want to play along, copy and paste the questions into your own blog and then answer them for yourself!


1. Please share one middle school memory. It can be good, bad, ugly, funny. Pictures or words, I don't care, just share.

Our middle school campus had a major landscaping/design flaw in that the front lawn and main entry sidewalk would disappear under a veritable lake of water during a rainstorm. I’m talking inches deep, feet wide and yards long! I remember plenty of instances trying to get to or from the bus, walking on the heels of my shoes through the deep water that ran the entire width of the sidewalk for several feet (in the vain hope that I’d be able to keep my shoes at least somewhat dry. Ha!).

2. What's your favorite Beatles song?

If I Fell


3. If I asked you to describe your most comfortable outfit, what would it be?

Anything with a pair of jeans; I like dressing them up and dressing them down, and they’re my favorite article of clothing.

4. Would you rather host a party or be a guest?

Host. I don’t do small talk very well and usually end up feeling disoriented because I don’t have anything to do if I’m just the guest. And…. I really like to have people over for a party. I like planning it, organizing it, cooking for it, welcoming people into the house… the whole nine yards!


5. Do you think we will move completely from traditional books to digital ones, and if we do, are you OK with that?

No, I don’t think traditional books will ever go away, and I wouldn’t be okay with it if they did. I like to hold the book and have the freedom to use only my eyes (and not a scrolling bar) to move along the page. Plus there is something about having the spatial orientation of the book – you know how far you have to go, how far you’ve been, how much you would need to read to get to the end of the page, etc…. Reading electronically, to me, is a bit like proceeding blindly through something.


6. Do you learn best by reading, listening or experiencing?

Experiencing. Much to my chagrin. (I wish I could learn by listening.)


7. If you are (or when you were) single, what is the kiss of death for you concerning the opposite sex? (That is, what is one trait or behavior or habit or anything at all that immediately turns you off from considering that person a potential match for you?)

When I was single, the kiss of death was if the guy was more focused on my looks than on me as a person.

8. Snacks. Salty or sweet?

Sweet. Specifically: Chocolate. What else is there?


9. Look around you in a four foot radius. What object is around you that you didn't realize was there or forgot was there? How long has it been there?

There’s a phone book sitting on the shelf under my desk top. For months I’ve been hiking upstairs to get a phone book when I needed one, and I could have just reached under my desk and pulled it out!

10. What is your favorite Tom Cruise movie?

None. I’m not a fan of Tom Cruise’s acting.

11. You buy a bottle of shampoo and discover that you don't like what it does to your hair at all. What do you do with that full bottle?

Put it in the product graveyard underneath the bathroom sink – because MAYBE (just MAYBE) one day I will want it again…

12. Your favorite Fall comfort food?

Homemade Beef Stew.

7 comments:

Christy Duffy said...

Chocolate, beef stew, real books, hostess with the mostest... totally agree!

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

Hay! One with questions that i actually like!

Catherine said...

Yeah, I liked these questions, too! Definitely more creative than the usual...

Catherine said...

Christy -- play along if you have the time! Would love to read your answers, too.

Joyce said...

I'm visiting from Linda's blog...I like your answers but I really love the Garrison Keillor quote about marraige in the 'about me' on your sidebar...I have to share that with someone!

Catherine said...

Joyce, welcome! The Keillor quote is from long ago, but I've always loved it.

Susan said...

I have that same "graveyard" under my sink!! Great answers. Mine are up.