Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Left Foot, Part 2

I've been wearing my Skecher Shape-ups pretty much full time for the last few days now -- I even did my last shift at the Fair Booth in them (8+ hours). I have to say that I really like these shoes! With each step, your foot is gently flexed through the entire range of motion, and the shock absorption can't be beat. The soles of both my feet feel better, and I haven't had an acute attack of the Plantar Faciitis for several days. I did have to ice my left foot after cleaning the booth on Sunday, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been in that I could still walk on it and wasn't limping around - it just ached and needed ice.

As for the shaping up side of things, I do get a better workout in my walking -- so long as I walk as instructed in the Shape-ups' booklet (which accompanies each pair). You can feel the leg muscles working harder while you walk, and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I took note of peoples' footwear one afternoon at the Fair and I actually saw a few people wearing these kinds of sneakers, so the trend must be gathering. I've always wanted to be fashion-forward, and now, because I have old and touchy feet, it looks like I will be.

- Catherine

No comments: