Once again, questions courtesy of Lid over at 2nd Cup of Coffee If you want to play along, copy and paste the questions into your own blog (with your own answer, of course). Lid asks that we go to her blog and link ours to hers, using Mister Linky thing-y at the bottom of her own Randon Dozen post.
1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.
In a mostly deserted theater with a really huge screen. That way you get all the sensory delight of the big screen movie but no annoying talking or kicking or cell phones around you.
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
Funerals are for the living, and I’ll be past caring by then – so, no, I won’t be picking out clothing or hymns or anything like that. The only thing I want for sure is a headstone in a cemetery (with my full name and dates on it).
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Sadly, I’m probably more of a taker. I wish it were otherwise and it’s something I struggle with regularly.
4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
Play it by ear, baby. That’s why I like to go and stay in one place for a week while we’re on vacation – so there is enough time to see the local attractions without doing so on a schedule. Vacations are supposed to be relaxing, as far as I’m concerned – so the “if it’s Tuesday this must be Belgium” kind of vacation doesn’t much appeal to me.
5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
We have two glider rocking chairs in the living room and I always forget to dust the underneath area where the gliding/rocking mechanism is. And I usually discover my oversight when a guest is quietly rocking away in the one of the chairs.
6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
Compassion International. It's a Christian organization that works hard to make life on earth better for these kids and also strives to teach them about Jesus Christ (so that life after this earth is also better). You, the sponsor, get to correspond with your sponsored child, and most of the money you give goes directly to support the child.
7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
I hardly ever eat pbj – it was never a favorite. When I do, it’s usually open faced on toast.
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
I wouldn’t smile very much and I’d use REALLY long words.
9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies?
Well, it’s more than the basics, I guess: Take herbal relaxer, brush teeth, remove makeup, smooth on moisturizer, climb into bed and read at least a page of an entertaining book, and then turn out the light.
10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
Fifteen (or so) years ago someone said I looked like Meryl Streep. That would be very nice because she is quite beautiful and has aged well -- but I really. don’t. think. so. Sigh.
12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
To my husband, Tim: “Valentine” (written by Jim Brickman and sung by Martina McBride).