Thursday, January 20, 2011

In which I am iPuzzled

Would someone please tell me why you love your iPad or why you would like to have one?  

I just don't get it.

I have a Blackberry, which is as close to my email as I wish to get when I'm not at my desk. In addition the Blackberry has a very nice little GPS function that can get me where I want to go on the road if necessary.  All while being held in the palm of my hand.

I have a laptop for when I need to sit down and do some real work that includes answering email and accessing my files (which real work always does).

I have an e-reader. And when I'm reading I don't want any other distractions available to me at the touch of a finger. 

I have an MP3 player that allows me to download all the music I want for one yearly subscription price. I don't listen to music while working or reading because it's too distracting. My MP3 player fits in the palm of my hand, just like my Blackberry (which also plays music, but that's another blog post).

So, folks, why one of those honkin' huge iPads? iNquiring minds want to know.

- Catherine

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm trying to figure this out too. I just can't see having another form of technology. I'll be interested to see the answers.

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

Speaking as someone who has none of the above (!) -- i'd have to play around with an iPad before i could definitely say yes to it, but having one device instead of so many appeals to me. The one thing it wouldn't do is the phone, but all the stuff it would do would free me to have one of those super-simple Senior Citizen phones!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I am interested in hearing the feedback. I'd like to get an iPhone (or maybe an iPad), but I can't bring myself to pay the $ for the monthly service ... especially since my justification for switching from my old desktop to a new laptop was the portability of a laptop (for when we travel).

Given the choice, I'll go with the laptop because of the full-sized keyboard ... I have trouble with those teeny, tiny "keyboards" on the iPhone.

So I guess I've just talked myself out of an iPhone or iPad. ha!