I'm traveling all day today, but I still wanted to participate in the Wednesday Hodgepodge of questions hosted by Joyce. Thank goodness we can schedule the publishing of blog posts!
1. What three words would you use to describe 2010? New, amazing, settled.
2. If fear were not an issue what is something you'd like to try? I can’t think of anything for this one. I’m really not interested in trying anything that I’m afraid to do.
3. What do you add to your coffee or tea? Coffee: cream. Tea: nothing extra (my British grandfather would roll in his grave if he knew).
4. What historical sporting event would you like to witness? The first (American) football game.
5. What is one piece of advice you would like to give your sixteen year old self? The pain doesn’t last forever, so do NOT make life choices based on it.
6. Are you a planner or do you prefer to fly by the seat of your pants? Depends. Sometimes I need it all to be planned out. Sometimes, within a given set of parameters, I like to fly by the seat of my pants. Notice that it’s still within a set of parameters, though – I have to have boundaries at some point.
7. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2011? My 35th high school reunion. It’s to be held the first week of August and I am truly hoping that nothing gets in my way!
8. Insert your own random thought here. I purchased an e-reader the other day because it suddenly occurred to me that this would be much better for traveling than schlepping around the stack of books that goes with me everywhere. I really didn’t expect to LIKE it, but I do! It’s not a substitute for real books but rather a different way to read. The newness of it has resulted in me purchasing a few books that I wouldn’t normally have wanted in paper, which is great!