1. Have you ever been on a real sleigh ride? How about the warm weather version - a carriage ride? I’ve been on a carriage ride in Hamilton, Bermuda, and on a hay ride (in a farm wagon) in New Jersey, but I’ve never been on a real sleigh ride.
2. What's your policy on 'chain mail'...you know, the emails you receive that are often some sort of poem/blessing/good wish that ask you to send it on to 10 or 12 friends? Do you delete without opening, read and trash, read and trash and then worry you won't be blessed/lucky/protected? Do you delete the sender from your contacts or just go ahead and send the love onward? I generally read it once and then immediately delete it without sending it to anyone else. If I like the poem or the sentiment or whatever, I might send it on AFTER I’ve deleted the section about “send this to 457 friends in the next 5 ½ minutes . . .”
3. Who is your favorite character in any of the Christmas movies and why? Randy, the younger of the two brothers in a Christmas Story. He refuses to eat, he sits in a cupboard and mopes, and he whines hilariously. He spins Ralphie's name into something like three syllables when he whines, "Ra-al-phieeeeeeeee!!!" He makes me laugh every year when we watch the movie! (And the part where he falls down in his too-small snowsuit and can't get up is one of the funniest scenes in any movie, ever.)
4. Share a favorite quote. This is on a plaque in our house and it’s become our home’s manifesto:
In this home, we do second chances.
We do grace.
We do real.
We do mistakes.
We do I’m sorrys.
We do loud really well.
We do hugs.
We do family.
We do love.
I wish I knew who had written it, but there is no attribution. I purchased the plaque at the local Hallmark store several years ago.
5. What's your favorite holiday scent? Balsam!!
6. Does the Christmas season stress you out? In what way? Mostly, I love the Christmas season so much that I don't get stressed out about any of it. (Although if I'm tardy with the package wrapping process, that can get my blood pressure up a little as I try to get it done before the big day.)
7. What's the best thing about your life right now? Sharing life with my family in our new home.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Puppies are exhausting! We have a 6-week old pup and he’s wearing me out! Thankfully, our older dog is finally willing to play with him, so the puppy gets tired during their wrestling matches. And then he goes back in his kennel to sleep for a while and I get some much-needed peace.
|Charley-o on 11/30/2010|
Thanks, Joyce, for hosting the weekly meme. If you want to play along, blog your own answers and use the button above to get to Joyce's blog for the link-up.