Now that I'm participating in the Friday Fave Five, I do find myself looking out during the week for good things to mention on Friday. That's helped my outlook, I think -- so, thanks to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for creating this meme!
And so, without further adieu:
1. Hot, homemade scones right out of the oven. (I can make them gluten-free and they are really good!) Buttered while piping hot and served with a good cup of tea. Mmmmmm…..
2. Soft, warm, thick, cushy, real wool socks on a cold day. I get them at our CAL Ranch store -- a great farm/ranch supply store in our town (they are a chain in the West). CAL Ranch is also where I buy Christmas presents for the little boys in our family -- they stock some really cool John Deere toys and other stuff that boys love (and that you won't find at Toys R Us).
3. All the prayers that are said on behalf of my mother and me every day. I definitely can tell that we are being lifted up and supported by those prayers. It came home to me most significantly this week when a friend in Tennessee announced that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer and will be having a double mastectomy very soon. My very, very, very first thought? I can pray for her and her young family – and it WILL make a difference in her life. I know that because it has made a difference in mine and my mother’s.
4. Inspector Lewis series on Masterpiece Mystery. I’ve managed to miss most of the episodes of the new season, but I’ll catch it next time around. I love the Oxford setting (I have fond memories of vacation time spent in Oxford), and the character of Sgt. Hathaway is just so cool!
5. Our church’s Women’s Retreat this weekend – can’t wait!! I'm doing the music and the Saturday afternoon discussion - and it's been amazing to see how God has guided and prompted and provided for it all.
Have a great weekend!