With a nod to Susanne, who hosts this particular meme....
Time to reflect on the good things.... (in no particular order)...
1. My dog, who makes me laugh at least once every day because he is so very, very comical. Yesterday's blog post was about yet another Hank Happening, and while I wasn't laughing at the time, I did laugh later. And my husband practically doubled over when I told him about the incident.
2. Button, button, who’s got the button…. Specifically, the magic “Skip” button on my satellite TV remote control that allows me to skip instantly through each commercial while I’m watching a program recorded on the DVR. I missed that button TERRIBLY during the year that we had cable instead of satellite. With cable I could fast forward through the commercials, but I couldn’t simply skip through them 1-2-3 and, in a couple of seconds, end up at the next part of the TV program.
3. A good massage therapist who finally located the area in my back that is causing a pinched nerve in my hand.
4. My husband, Tim, who loves me even when my middle-aged hormones are having a Really. Bad. Day.
5. A song entitled “Stubborn (Psalm 151).” I discovered this song (which is a few years old) only this past week and I LOVE it. When I first heard it, I thought, “Wow, this is a great illustration of the experience of coming to Christ.” But then the more I listened to it, the more I realized that it is also a perfect illustration of how we have to surrender our self will and find our faith in God anytime that we are in the midst of a difficult challenge. (I wanted to include a link to the song, but I don't seem to be able to. Bummer!)
Have a great weekend!