... but we devoured it so quickly that there was no time:
Shrimp and polenta (for two or three servings)
polenta (one roll of the prepared polenta)
1 vidalia or other sweet onion (large), sliced thin
Raw shrimp (enough for three people), shells removed
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/4-1/3 cup sherry or white wine
2 wedges of Laughing Cow french onion flavor cheese
3/4 cup half and half
2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
1. prepare polenta according to package directions so that it is heated through when the shrimp is ready to serve.
2. sautee the onion slices in a little olive oil until well cooked and browned (caramelized)
3. in the meantime, sautee the sliced mushrooms until well cooked and browned.
4. add the shrimp to the mushrooms and cook over medium until just done.
5. remove shrimp and mushrooms to a plate.
6. in the same pan, pour in the wine and deglaze the pan over medium high heat.
7. reduce heat to low.
8. add the wedges of cheese and the half and half to the wine in the pan.
9. stir and cook over low until the cheese melts and the mixture has the consistency of a light sauce (if too thick, cut with a little water).
10. add the shrimp and mushrooms to the sauce, and toss to coat.
11. Individually plate: two or three slices of polenta, top with caramelized onion, then pour a portion of the shrimp/mushroom/sauce mixture over all. Garnish each serving with chopped parsley.
Dig in and say ahhhhh ...
PS: Thanks to Number 4 for helping me cook and to Hubby and Number 4.5 for cleaning up!