Thursday, October 28, 2010

Making progress, thank you!

We are just about a month away from the final move! Tim has worked tirelessly, and I've been packing and moving things whenever I can. (The family room is completely full of mattresses, boxes, lamps, etc. --- all awaiting placement.)

Here's the before picture of the living room:




And below is the progress. As you can see, the old carpeting (which covered the entire floor) is gone, with hardwood taking its place.  The walls have been painted a fresh, creamy yellow, too.





Here's a shot of the living room from the other side:


Before, the bedrooms were pink, with pink carpeting:



While we can't afford to replace the carpeting just yet, we could certainly put a coat of paint on everything!



My kitchen is also freshly painted:



And see the false wall in the front of the house?


Well, 'tis gone!


Tim is pretty sure we'll be in by Thanksgiving (probably the weekend before). I'll be away for the next 2 1/2 weeks and can't wait to see what it all looks like when I get back!

- Catherine

4 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love living vicariously through those who are redoing/renovating their houses. Things are looking good! Is that a black lab I see in the photo with the false wall outside? ;-)

Karen said...

Wow! The kitchen reminds me of Aunt Mabel's in the house up on 35 by the farm market. How cool!

abigail catherine said...

Mama, it's FAB!!! I LOVE IT! Looking forward to seeing it in December.

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

Terrific house, and love what you're doing to it. I gotta admit, i kind of like those dorky '50's-'60's wall things, because i like outdated strange Jetsons stuff. But in this case, it was good to get rid of it - weird how somebody once wanted it there blocking windows!