Greetings! It's time for the Random Dozen, hosted by Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee. If you want to play along, you are welcome to link your answers with Lid's blog post!
1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient? I am quietly pathetic with my husband; if any of the kids are around, then I’m as cheerful as it’s possible for me to be at the moment (I’m still trying to set a good example for them). Oh, wait. Who am I kidding here? I'm grumpy (not fussy but definitely grumpy).
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction? I always liked snow days, I think. (I'm pretty sure my daughter will chime in here with a comment.)
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve? Dusting. I hate doing it and I’m lousy at getting every surface.
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day? Never. I am not a "frilly decorations" kind of gal.
5. What song is on your mind today? “Your Name” as sung by Phillips, Craig and Dean
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic? Both – depends on my mood.
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room. I am absolutely, positively terrible at compartmentalizing my feelings.
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.) He was so down to earth and it seemed as though I’d known him all my life.
9. When was the last time your heart raced? The last time I had too much caffeine. (sooo romantic!)
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school? Getting a penny Valentine from a boy on whom I had a major crush in the 4th grade.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer? Chocolate – is there any other kind???
12. Red or pink? Depends on my mood and what it’s for. I have a red purse that I love, although I don't wear a lot of red clothing. I like to wear the color pink but I would not decorate my home with it.
And that's the Random Dozen this week!