This week’s Random Dozen preview of the questions was prefaced by a story of how Lid would be attending a huge social evening around the premier of the final season of the TV Show “Lost.”
Lid is a big, big fan of Lost, so I have tried to answer this week’s questions in that spirit.
1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?” Nope. Whenever I’ve tried to save them for use, they end up LOST in a drawer somewhere.
2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching? I love to pick out the constellations in the night sky, although I’d never try to navigate by them if I were LOST.
3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please) The first time I tried deep fried calamari, I thought that was pretty adventurous. Haven’t LOST my taste for it, either – it’s my favorite appetizer.
4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!) Have you LOST your mind? I’ve never heard a rock sing.
5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be? French. I think American culture has LOST the art of speaking well, while the French have steadfastly tried to keep their language pure (and it’s beautiful to listen to and to speak).
6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say? I once was LOST but now am found.
7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like. Ummmm… LOST (okay that answer was really lame).
8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show? I am currently into Ghost Whisperer – have no idea why since it doesn’t jive with my spiritual views, but it’s a fun hour of total escapism that is not LOST on me.
9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about? I sneeze huge, loud, expansive -- as though my voice could be LOST with the next sneeze.
10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere? Our morning newspaper isn’t much, but I’d be completely LOST without it. I like to hold the paper in my hands and read selectively.
11. Are you a good speller? I once LOST a school-wide spelling bee by just one word. I am a naturally good speller.
12. At what time each day do you start thinking about
And that's the meme for this week!