Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Week

My husband and I flew East last Monday in order to bring my aunt back to live near us in Idaho, which we did on Thursday.

In between those two seemingly simply events there were four days of tears, persuasive arguments, bewilderment, accusations, laughter, acquiescence, loving memories, and memory loss.

That we succeeded is nothing short of a gift from God.

I'm still emotionally processing all that has occurred.  In some ways, this was far worse than my mother's death.

I'm thankful my aunt is here. And I continue to fervently pray that the transition for her, as it progresses, is an awakening to a life no less full than that which she remembers.

Thank you, all, for your prayers and support this week!

- Catherine

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm glad that you were able to move your aunt. I'll pray for you both.