Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday



1. Would you rather talk to everyone at a crowded party for a short time or have a significant conversation with two people?   I'd rather have a significant conversation with two people. I'm not good at small talk and it's very easy for me to tune out a crowd of people. The exception -- a family party. Then I want to talk to everyone because it's not just small talk.

2. What objects do you remember from your parent's living room?   The green couch with matching chair, the dark knotty pine paneling, the big black rotary phone on the wall, the Wurlitzer piano on one wall, the black and white Zenith TV, the old screens on the window (more like narrow columns of screening material rather than one continuous piece of screen).

3. Do you hog the bed? Steal the covers? Snore? I steal the covers. I leave the snoring and hogging to my hubby.

4. Speaking of Easter dinner....what is your favorite way to cook/eat lamb? Or does just the thought of that make you squeamish? If you're not cooking lamb what will be your entree du jour on Easter Sunday? On Easter Sunday I don't know that there will be any meal at all. Probably we will go out for something after church. I like lamb but haven't found a way that I can cook it to my liking.

5. Let's throw some politics into this week's mix-oooohhh...Do you know the whereabouts of your birth certificate and when was the last time you had to produce it to prove you're you? I do know where my birth certificate is. And the last time I needed it, I THINK, was to get married 10 years ago.

6. As a child, how did people describe you? I spent the better part of last week with my aunt and she describes me as cute, independent, smart and different. "We had to watch you!" was what she said. I guess my penchant for doing research was already manifest when I was a toddler -- I did research in those days by wandering off and exploring my surroundings. I think what pleased me the most, though, is when my aunt told me that Grandpa thought I was something special -- precisely because I was different.

7. What do you complain about the most?  There are not enough hours in the day nor are there enough days in the weekEND (the week is plenty long enough, believe me).

8. Insert your own random thought here.  Randomly speaking, I covet the prayers of all my friends and family, for I have a difficult task ahead of me in the coming weeks.

- Catherine

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I will keep you in my prayers Catherine...hoping it all goes smoothly and everyone adjusts with ease.