Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hodgepodge Wednesday



1. Would you rather be seen as a person who did their duty or forged their own path? Probably Id’ rather be seen as someone who did her duty (because occasionally that might involve forging my own path, whereas the reverse isn't probable).

2. This week's Wednesday Hodgepodge happens to fall on Groundhog's Day. In keeping with that theme, if you could have a do-over of any one day out of the last seven, which day would it be and why. If you haven't seen the movie Groundhog Day this question will make absolutely no sense but that's okay....you can answer anyway.  Out of the last seven days I'd wish to do Sunday over because it was such a great and fun day! We had an amazing time of worship at church, listened to an excellent sermon, and then spent most of the afternoon playing racquetball and having a lot of laughs in doing so. After that, it was the Pro Bowl with my hubby. A terrific day!

You thought my question was going to be weather related didn't you?  Well. Yes.

3. Hot cocoa...yay or nay on the marshmallows?  Nay. Why muck up a perfectly good cup of hot cocoa with the cloying sweetness of marshmallow?

4. Do you wear makeup every day? What are the top two must haves in your daily makeup routine? I wear makeup most days but not every day.  The two must-haves are powdered eye liner and mascara.

5. Is it more important to you in a relationship to be loved or understood?  To be loved, because sometimes I don't think I can be understood (heck, sometimes I don't even understand myself these days). But love covers a multitude of sins, understood or not.

6. Parsley sage rosemary or thyme... your favorite?  Rosemary, just for the scent. It's clean and pure and calming, and I gladly drink it in whenever I have occasion to use it (which is often because I love it).

7. What do you do when you feel angry? My first reaction is sarcasm, but I now try very hard to shut my mouth. Sarcasm used in humor is funny. Sarcasm used in anger is extremely damaging. It took me a long time to realize that, and now I try very hard to either leave the room, work it out on the racquetball court, or (on admittedly rare occasions) be objective and reasonable in my response.

8. Insert your own random thought here.  How many of you have a tennis ball suspended on a string in your garage? This is new to me, but it does help keep my car away from Tim's work bench!

If you wish to play along, answer the questions on your own blog and then link up at Joyce's (use the graphic above to get to her blog).
Thanks, Joyce!

- Catherine

4 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love your answer to #5!!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Joyce said...

We had a tennis ball in our garage in Maryland. The cars had to fit just so. I have big garages here so its not an issue and is one of my favorite things about this house. Our garages in England were super narrow too. As were the roads : )

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Our garage is so full of junk we can't fit a tennis ball in....let alone the car!!
And yes Joyce, the roads over here can be super-narrow sometimes. Hairy scary if you're coming against a tractor or a fire engine on a country lane....Eeeeek!

Michelle said...

My hubby and son watched the Pro Bowl.
We can't drive our car into the garage.