Monday, February 21, 2011

I love a day off ....

 ... don't you?

My plans for today include a little dog walking, a little card making, and very little else. And that, my friends, is a little slice of heaven on earth!

Yesterday was my Sabbath. So after an excellent sermon by our pastor and some awesome music by our band, I had a bang-up afternoon on the racquetball courts with some friends from church (a few of whom were new to racquetball and were quickly hooked on the game). 

I mean quite literally banged up, since I attempted a shot off the back wall and succeeded only in smashing the side of my face.

No stitches were required in this injury.

Then I bravely played one of the experienced guys.

He was kind.

That's the only reason I managed to score seven points off of him.

Best of all: 1) Both racquetball courts rang with laughter for the 90 minutes that we were there, and laughter is good medicine for the soul. 2) All of us were huffing and puffing at the end, which was good medicine for our bodies.

Can't wait to do it again!

- Catherine

3 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Lucky you to have a day off today. ;-)

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend ... especially the time on the racquetball courts (even with a little bit of face-smashing).

Have a marvelous Monday!

Joyce said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the day...hope you enjoyed it!

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

This is one minor flaw in having a home business - in a way i get no "days off" but in a way, i can take one anytime. "Didn't sleep well," or "spent morning at dentist" or just feeling blue ... "Think i'll sluff off today." Nice to have the freedom, but i rarely relish those off-hours the way i would if i had a schedule to keep!