Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday at last!

TGIF!  In two days we will be camping in Montana (there will still be comings and goings at our house, of course -- this place never stops, even when we're away).

Number 7 is as eager as his dad and I to get away. Even Number 8 (the dog) is eager to get away. It's not that life has been particularly difficult lately, it's just that we've been going nonstop all summer and we all want some downtime.  (Okay, number 8 doesn't really go nonstop because he is a champion nap-taker, but he missed us while we were gone for five weeks and he will enjoy having our undivided attention on vacation.)

This is my summer vacation uniform:


A straw hat so I don't have to fuss with my hair, and my very old and very comfy Park City sweatjacket. Underneath depends on the weather -- perhaps my bathing suit, perhaps a pair of jeans.  Montana temperatures can go from 45 to 90 on any given summer day.

I. Can't. Wait!

- Catherine

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Sounds awesome! Have a wonderful trip!

Susan said...

That is somewhere I've always wanted to visit! Hope you're having a blast!!