Thursday, July 16, 2009

How the years go by

I've been doing this gig for 13 summers now; I'm 51 years old and my husband is 53 (he's been doing this job with me for eight summers).

This morning my husband said to me, "What's going to happen in 7 years when I'm 60. Are we going to be too old to run this thing?"

Which stopped and made me think. How old is too old to keep up with the demands of running an event like this? As I blogged a week or so ago, this year really kicked my butt because I wasn't physically prepared for it - and didn't realize that until we got started.

Something I don't really want to think about --- how old is too old for my job?

- Catherine

2 comments:

Karen said...

You have to think like Aunt Ethel. She used to say, "I'm an 18-year-old in a 75-year-old body."

Catherine said...

God bless her, she had an amazing amount of energy! I wish I'd inherited it. But I guess I can certainly strive for her positive attitude, if nothing else. She was quite something!