Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend



So, today is a day I’ve looked forward to for the last month – the Annual Planting of the Annuals. We’ve finished the deck, but now we have about 125 geranium plants to be bedded out all along the front of the house and curb. We don’t have that large a yard, actually – just multiple flower beds. The geraniums are a cheerful sight all summer, so we do it up big.

The photograph below is my barrel planter with snapdragons.


The plants at the front door.



My newest planter (found it on sale at CAL Ranch today).



There are 5 of these flats left to plant!



Thunder is starting, so I guess I'd better get moving here!

-Cath

2 comments:

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

I love containers burgeoning with color! And your deck is wonderful. That's a place to sit with a book and something cold, and let the day's stresses roll off of you.

Catherine said...

And that is my absolute favorite way to utilize the deck all summer - a good book and something cold!