Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Downhill

"On the downhill side" is how my Mom described her condition today. Her doctor concurs. As I feared, she is not long for this world. The pain started last week. There will be another round of chemo this summer to help alleviate the symptoms and make her more comfortable, but it won't slow the growth of the cancer itself.

She may not even last through the chemo, actually. She is dying and we all know that. But she's ready. She's cheerful and peaceful; she knows where she will be going -- home to her Lord and Savior. It's me who's not ready.

But I am going to try very, very, very hard to be my mother's daughter now.

-Cath

2 comments:

Karen said...

So sorry to hear that, Cathy. Ben has always said that cancer is proof of God's mercy. It gives you time to get everything right before you go home. I'll be praying for you all.

Catherine said...

Thank you, Karen. We will need those prayers.