Saturday, March 12, 2011

And a strange journey it has been.

Five days ago I was complaining because it was Monday.

Four days ago I awoke with an excruciating stomach ache that sent me to the ER at 6:00 in the morning.

Three days ago they did a CT Scan and inserted a tube up my nose and down into my stomach.

Two days ago the surgeon went in through laparoscopy and removed an intestinal obstruction that nearly took my life.

Yesterday I came home.

That's how fast this all happened. Day one, day two, day three. Modern medicine is amazing and I really am grateful to be alive. Intestinal obstructions can kill the bowel very quickly -- and if the bowel goes, then so do you. Literally within seconds of the blockage being cut, my small intestine had returned to normal color and function.

Today I'm sore.

And I'm also getting ready for my daughter's bridal shower tonight, grateful and right on time.

- Catherine

7 comments:

Expats Again said...

Wow! You are one lucky lady. This is hard to believe that something like this can happen so quickly. Glad you were able to get it take care of so promptly. By the way, I have 10 grandkids too! I also have a great-grandchild, a 16 month old girl.

gnorm said...

Whoa. Everything can change in a moment. I'm glad you're still around! Enjoy tonight!

Nostalgic for the Pleistocene said...

Amazing! Scary things should always be over that fast. Have fun now!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Wow! I'm so glad that you went to the ER right away ... and get it treated in time for a full, complete recovery. Have a great time at the shower tonight. Blessings!

Joyce said...

I"m so glad you're feeling well enough to go to the shower! Enjoy this special event with your daughter!

Christy Duffy said...

Wow - so glad everything is okay!

Karen said...

Woohoo! Never a dull moment!