1. Do you think you're more like your mom or your dad? It’s not clear that I am more like one or the other. I can see traits of both. I certainly do not look like my mother’s side of the family – I am very much my father’s daughter, physically. (So much so that people would look at us strangely when my mother introduced me as her daughter.) But I think I am just about equally both sides of my family in personality and emotional makeup.
2. Do you like roller coasters? No. Here's the deal: I’m okay on the climb. I’m okay on the drop. It’s that first curve after the drop that I find so excruciatingly unpleasant. And all the curves thereafter.
3. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you'd thought about it maybe another five minutes before you hit publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? (French makes everything sound a little nicer doesn't it?)
That's a lot of questions!
I named my blog "Time and Tide" after the fictional publication for which The Provincial Lady writes. The first two volumes in The Provincial Lady series are total hoots if you are into British humor. They were written in the 1930s, by the way.
I don’t think the blog title is hard to change in Blogger, actually. But I wouldn't want to change mine anyway. I like it because it is reminiscent of the shore, where I grew up. And because, after all, Time and Tide wait for no one.
4. What is the best wedding gift you received? Not married? Didn't get any gifts? Then what is the best wedding gift you've given? The best wedding gift I received – I can’t think. It was 10 years ago. And 30+ years ago. (I've been married more than once.) I do remember the best shower gift from 10 years ago because I'm still wearing it. It's a heavy fleece bathrobe, completely disreputable-looking after 10 years of being dragged around the house all winter, every winter. But it’s the warmest thing on the planet, I swear, and I will NEVER give it up. (Thanks, Kit!)
5. What is the one bill you most hate to pay? Medical -- after the insurance company has graciously agreed to pay 80% of only the amount they actually allow per item on the bill. Sheesh!
6. Is the glass half full or half empty? To be fair and balanced in my outlook . . . it depends.
7. What is your favorite word? Okay okay. Calm down. How about one of your favorite words? Etymologically speaking, one of my favorite words is “serendipity.” To me it sounds happy. To me it sounds exactly like what it means.
8. Now, this is where you insert one random thought of your own...maybe something that struck you as funny, something that recently had you scratching your head in confusion, something that annoyed you a teensy bit, something on your to do list, something you are looking forward to, whatever. As long as it is in keeping with the friendly tone we've all come to know and love on Wednesdays then we're good. Don't make me get out my wooden spoon.
Why must calcium tablets be so incredibly large? I can barely get one down at a time!
If you, dear reader, want to play along, all you have to do is answer the questions on your own blog and go to Joyce's blog to link up (click on the Hodgepodge button at the top). Be sure to also use the Mr. Linky to read the blogs of others and leave a comment or two -- this is how we have our online coffee klatch. And you may meet new friends (that's how I met Joyce, after all)!
Thanks, Joyce! I love this new meme!