1. What is your favorite Mexican dish? Just about anything with gobs of cheese on it or in it (preferably both). We have good Mexican restaurants in our town.
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate? I procrastinated only once – on a long-term assignment that was due about six weeks after my parents’ divorce. I just couldn’t get my act in gear for a while there. Eventually I went back to the usual routine, though – do the homework at the earliest possible time.
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings? It depends on the furnishings I’m looking for, so I’ll name three: Home Goods/TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning, and our local furniture store, O’Dell’s.
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches? No. I also didn’t like what I brought from home (sandwiches), so lunchtime at school was always a chore.
5. Is religion a crutch? Religion (which is nothing deeper than a specific set of beliefs and practices that you do as a routine in the hopes of being considered "good") – is definitely a crutch. Faith (looking to God in all situations) is totally liberating!
6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport? I guess Football. At least, that’s all I hear about among the teenagers that I know.
7. Do you consider yourself rich? Yes indeed – rich in the things that matter in life: family, marriage, health, love, joy, a home, food on the table, etc. . . .
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
I guess the Heimlich Maneuver. I actually have had training in CPR but that was about 10 years ago, so I’m not sure I’d remember how to do it.
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop
Swing (both East Coast and West Coast) – looks like SO much fun!! And I love the music.
10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone? I had to tell my mother that her brother had unexpectedly died of a massive heart attack.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics. Adults can be just as petty and mean as children.
12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song? “And if I should become a stranger, know that it would make me more than sad.”
If you want to play along, copy the questions and put your own answers on your blog. Then go to Lid's blog (see link at the top) and link up your blog with hers.