I know I'm a bit early with publishing, but here is the first Wednesday Random Dozen since the springtime! I enjoyed the summer break, but I'm also glad to be back with the Wednesday meme! Thank you very much, Lid.
And . . . away we go.
1. When was the last time you laughed until you cried? I think it was at something that Number 7 said recently. I can’t remember the circumstances – just that we were laughing so hard that I also cried and nearly choked.
2. If you found $10 today, what would you do with it? Grocery shopping.
3. Do you volunteer anywhere? Not with any civic organizations at the moment, but certainly at my church. Among other things, I am one of the (volunteer) worship team musicians.
4. What is your favorite summertime veggie or fruit, and how do you eat it? Strawberries, sliced into vanilla yogurt and granola. Yum!
5. Is your social sphere (circle of friends) small, medium or large? I guess I’d say small.
6. When was the last time you attended a family or school reunion? How did that go? School: I went to my 25th in November of 2001. It went fine and it was good to see old friends after so many years. Funnily enough, a few of the old high school cliques were still in place, which seemed strange to me, given our age. Family: my family doesn’t really have family reunions – we just get together, a few at a time, whenever it can be done. I did attend my husband’s family reunion in 2005 and I was completely lost among those 300+ people, I must admit. (But it was fun to see, as an outsider, the similarities between distant cousins in the family.)
7. When you're feeling blue, what is the best way someone can cheer you up? Take me shopping for new clothes.
8. Have you taken a vacation this summer? Oh yeah, baby! Two weeks of bliss! See my blog post here for pictures!
9. What is the most unnecessary item you carry with you all the time? Some of those retail rewards cards that I don’t use more than once a year (or ever). I don’t know why I sign up for them in the first place when I hardly ever patronize the store in question.
10. What is the best summer flick you have seen so far? I haven’t been to any of the summer movies yet.
11. Describe a perfect summer day. It starts with a huge cup of tea and a leisurely breakfast of eggs, buckwheat pancakes, and bacon. Then I’d go floating on the lake in the breezy sunshine for part of the day, followed by some bird-watching or some reading on the lake shore. A nap might be in order if I feel sleepy. The day would end with a glass of good wine and a delectable dinner whipped up in my outdoor camp kitchen. The day would have to include at least my husband and kids, and preferably plenty of friends and other family, too.
12. Please a share a favorite photo from the summer so far! Just one? Okay. This one is of Number 4 and me at Provo River Falls in the High Uintas Mountain Range (Utah).
Thanks for reading. If you want to join the fun, go to Lid's blog, 2nd Cup of Coffee, and link your own answers there. Thanks, Lid!