Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I think he's too young for senior moments.

Last night I cooked a tri-tip roast on the grill.

Yum.

I'd hoped for leftovers for tonight's dinner.

But that was not to be.

As I was putting the precious leftovers into the refrigerator after dinner, Number 7 appeared in the kitchen. He was hungry. He wanted the last of the meat. I'm a sucker for hungry children.  So I told him ok.

A few minutes later, I began hunting around for the container that the meat had briefly lived in before Number 7 rescued it from chilled captivity.

I couldn't find the container anywhere on the counter, even though I knew that the meat no longer had a home in the fridge.  I looked all over the kitchen.

No dice.

Finally I looked inside the fridge.

And there was the empty container, carefully put away by Number 7.  Aged 14.

Sounds like something I would have done.




















Isn't he cute?

- Catherine

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Well, there are senior moments and then there are adolescent moments...sometimes similar : )

Susanne said...

Now that is too funny. That happens quite often around here except there might be a tablespoon of something left in it. Just enough to say they didn't eat it all. LOL.