Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today my mother would have been 80 years old -- which is an age she never wanted to attain, really.  She'd seen so many of her friends and family members suffer from ill health in those years -- she didn't want that for herself. And she certainly didn't get it.

I used to remind her that she shares her birthday with Paul McCartney (I share mine with Donald Trump). When I was a kid we always celebrated our birthdays together, being that they are four days apart.  I remember the telegram that she kept in her jewelry box for many, many years.  It was from her father, and it said "Congratulations on your 2nd and your 28th" -- he meant second child and 28th birthday.

I've thought about her on and off all day.  At this moment, after a fun evening outing with #4 and ftb, with the sun setting outside our condo and the wind finally stilled, I miss her so much I can taste it.

- Catherine

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday! Thinking of you...(((Catherine)))

Christy Duffy said...

Hugs to you, Catherine.