1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch? Baked tilapia (the frozen fillets from Costco cook in 30 minutes) with rice and whatever veg or salad is handy.
2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.) Tissues, because I sneeze a lot.
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting? England
4. Share one factoid of your family's history. Just one!? Eeek! I got a million of'em because I've done a lot of family history research. Okay, here's one: on my mother's side, my great-great grandfather was Jewish, born in Poland, and came to the U.S. to escape the pogroms of Tsarist Russia. (All four of his kids married outside the faith, so that was the end of our Jewish lineage.)
5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ...." was slender.
6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be? Really good dark chocolate (why would you want a year's supply of anything else?)
7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ...." I like garden gnomes, although I'm fussy about how their facial features look -- not just any old garden gnome will do.
8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy? A bar of chocolate. What else???
9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ...." My dog suddenly taking it into his head that it's time to go out and play -- without any prompting from me, he grabs his toy and prances to the door while looking at me expectantly. Gets me every time!
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal? Get away from my computer and clean the house.
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else? Call a friend.
12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon? Celebrating #6's completion of a truck driving course that will set him up with a solid career. School never came easy to #6 and we are thrilled at how well he did in the course. We're having a family picnic on Sunday to celebrate his accomplishment!