I know it's Tuesday night, but I have to leave at "o'dark thirty" tomorrow morning, so I'm posting this now.
1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated? Doing the laundry from my last trip. I hate having those huge loads to sort through. Of course, since I procrastinated, the pile just got worse and ended up being a completely monumental chore. Which I whined about to any who would listen. Are you listening?
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night? It varies now that I am in middle-age. I sometimes go right to sleep and sometimes lie there for an hour or more. I almost never sleep through the night -- my bladder has awakened me nearly every night since I was in my mid-20s, so at the very least, there is a visit to the facilities. And sometimes it's just plain old insomnia and I stay awake for hours in the middle of the night for no apparent reason.
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles? Hmmmm.... well, I am a fan of the the long dresses of the early 19th century (Regency style, with Empire waists). I know the women wore corsets underneath them, but I'd go without the corset and just enjoy the freedom of movement. I would love to have the option of wearing them whenever I felt like it, while retaining the option to wear my jeans whenever I want to as well (because I also can't live without my hip-hugger jeans).
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd? Beef stew -- I have a killer recipe.
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse? I am definitely an impulse shopper. The last thing I bought on impulse was a magnetic cutter and cutting board set for my craft room. To be fair, I did have a coupon for 25% off, but I really didn't HAVE to have it. (Sure do love it, though!)
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral? I'd want people to tell funny stories about me so that there is laughter.
7. If it's true that joy is found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today? The sunshine outside.
8. What is your favorite type of bread? Homemade.
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.) That's a tough one! I guess I wouldn't want to be small-minded and petty.
10. What trait would you like most to develop? The ability to forgive people easily and quickly.
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why? The family room, which is cozy and casual.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging? I try to have a real Sabbath on Sunday afternoon and evening -- relaxing and doing things only for enjoyment rather than because there is work to be done. We also try to reserve most Friday nights for family time with #7.
If you want to play along, you can blog your own answers and link up with Lid's post at 2nd cup of Coffee. Thanks, Lid, for hosting this weekly meme!