Don't be an idiot.
2. Besides cooler weather (or warmer weather, depending on your hemisphere) what is one thing you are looking forward to this fall?
NFL football on Sunday afternoons, cozily ensconced in the TV room with my two best guys (and two best dogs).
3. What sound lulls you to sleep?
A fan can lull me to sleep, and that's about the only sound I can tolerate. Any other sound will likely keep me awake.
4. September is National Preparedness Month...does your family have an emergency 'kit' and/or disaster plan in place?
Prayer is our only disaster plan. We live in an area of the country where the dominant religion emphasizes preparedness, so there are lots of resources at my fingertips. But we still don't have a plan.
5. How has your blog changed since you started blogging? Or has it?
I don't think it has changed because it's never been about just one thing.
6. What's something you've recently learned to do on the computer?
Ummm .... I don't know. My skills improve whenever something new comes out, but I've no idea what has been recent.
7. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
Yes and no. (Nothing is black and white with me!) Yes, a picture can convey a deeper and clearer sense of a situation, that's for sure. But pictures without words can be very misleading, even damaging. And words well put together can create an amazing picture in the imagination of the reader -- which can be better than a photograph.
8. Insert your own random here. Randomly speaking, I despair of the current political situation. I decry the polarization of our country. And like Rep. Jim Cooper, I think that those politicians who continually and blindly put their own partisan gain before the good of our country are bordering on treasonous activity.
I hate ending on a downer, so let me also say this -- I'm glad God is sovereign over all, and that's pretty much the only sanity in my world.
Thanks Joyce, for another set of thought-provoking questions. If you, dear reader, wish to play along, skip on over to Joyce's blog and link up your own answers there.