Ta da! A new look for my Blog AND this week's Random Dozen, courtesy of Lid. What more could you ask for?
1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?
The Tin Man. Don’t ask me why because I don’t really know. Maybe because I know I have a brain and I usually have enough courage, but I am not always sure I have a heart? Hmmmm….....
2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first? Why?
The top – because I have many more of those than bottoms.
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
Snakes. I have a real phobia – they absolutely scare the crap out of me. Please don’t hate me, animal lovers.
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?
One. We have enough ornaments for two, but the house isn’t big enough for two. Yet.
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it meant you didn't have to feel heartbreak?
There are days when I would cheerfully answer “yes” to that question, but I know the real answer is “no.”
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
I used to, especially right after some change had been made in our lives. But in recent years, with our home life settled, that has finally gone away.
7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music?
I liked some of the stuff he did in the 80s – around the Thriller era – but absolutely nothing after that.
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reasons, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
It seems to me that good teeth are a sign in our society that someone takes basic care of himself/herself and has good hygiene. Other cosmetic procedures, such as facelifts or tummy tucks, are viewed as superfluous and artificial – like flying in the face of nature.
9. Enjoy horseback riding?
I used to, but I had a scare a few years ago and lost my nerve. I still dream of being able to get on and go for a ride, but so far, I can’t make myself do it.
10. Shoes--practical or stylish?
Practical. My feet hurt too much to be really stylish, although I still try for some style where possible. So, no 3-inch heels for me – partly because they are uncomfortable and partly because they would make me taller than my husband. I do look for 1-1 ½ inch heels when I need to wear something dressy, but they have to be comfortable or it’s a total non-starter.
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
My earliest memories growing up are of a dog named Meg and a gray tabby cat named Pixie. Meg was a Dalmation, and a really sweet and smart dog. She saved my (then toddler) brother from going out in the road once – he thought he’d follow Dad to work and my mother had momentarily turned her attention to something else. By the time Mom realized what had happened, Meg had already collared my brother and wouldn’t let him get up off the ground at the end of the driveway.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
About 1/3 as of this writing. Not bad, but I think we might have Christmas a few days early this year due to the kids’ schedules – so I’d better get cracking!
And now, I'm off to have the car repaired. Oh joy.
This meme is hosted by Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee. You could play along, too, if you wish -- just copy and paste the questions into your own blog, and then, when you've answered the questions, go to the Mr. Linky button at the end of Lid's Random Dozen blog entry. You can link your answers there and also use that to access the blogs of others.